At this time (9:44pm) next Sunday I will be home in Tacoma unpacking my stuff and wondering where to put it all. If you haven't heard I'm leaving the lovely town of Bellingham and heading south to Tacoma. My last day is May 29th and my moving date is May 31st.
It all happened so fast it seems. March 31st my employer emails about voluntary layoffs. I sign the papers April 21st and now it is May 24th and I have FOUR MORE days of work left.
I don't think it has all hit me yet. I've left Bellingham before but I ended coming back up here. I feel more settled in my decision but you never know what life will throw at you.
I'm sitting here thinking (even though I should be packing), in a week I will no longer be a Bellingham resident. It's all so bitter sweet. Bellingham has served me well the 13 years I have lived here but it is time to pack it up and move it out.
So...so long Bellingham. I'm going to miss your Farmer's Market, Lake Padden, Boomer's, Little Cheerful Cafe, Pickford Cinema, Acoustic Tavern and much, much more. Mostly I'm going to miss the people that make Bellingham a great place to be, my friends.
1 comment:
A little piece of Bellingham will always be inside your soul. Look towards the sun, don't put your back to it. This is a very very good step you're taking.
Post a Comment