Saturday, May 28, 2011

My cruise moments with Donnie Wahlberg

I have loved Donnie since the New Kids came out in the late 80's. The reunion tour just reignited that love. The cruise put that love in over drive and here's why. In a sea of 2,500 plus woman Donnie made me feel like I was the only one on the boat (cue Rihanna song). How is that possible you ask? Let me give you some examples.

Exhibit #1: While sitting on the deck eating lunch Donnie came by. I didn't rush him but he and I locked in an intense eye stare that continued while he hugged other people then he waved. If you've ever looked Donnie Wahlberg in the eye then you know what I'm talking about. There is something in his eyes. It was a weird sense that we were connected some how. I know that sounds weird but this is the 3rd time this stare has happened to me and every time it feels the same way.

Exhibit #2: At the concert on Half Moon Cay Donnie, Jordan & Joey came out and started shooting people with water guns. It was so hot out that it was welcome. Donnie comes over to the side we are on and starts shooting and gets a direct shot or two at me. He then points at his hat and then at me and says. "You I got you, yes I did". Here's video of it for your viewing pleasure (thank you lycogirl03 for catching this).


Exhibit #3: During Pink Night Donnie was on one of the little stages in the crowd. I was close enough that when he reached out into the crowd to grab people's hands he could reach mine. He grabbed my hand, looked me dead in the eye and said, "I love you". I said I love you back. He then made a motion of grabbing at his heart and giving it to me. I swear during this moment we were the only two there. I don't remember the music playing or anything going on around me. When it was all over I looked at my friend Sandra and she was looking at me with her mouth wide open in disbelief. When he moves over to the other stage Sandra, Becky and I stay in the middle between the two stages. We are dancing & having a good time when Donnie points at at me and waves. We continue to dance around when he points me out and starts blowing kisses at me. My friend Jen leaned over & said that's so cute. I mean really what are the chances?

Exhibit # 4: And now the moment that will FOREVER be remembered, the photo op. The groups were going so fast once we got in the room where they were (3 hours later). We probably had about a minute on stage with the guys. Finally it was our turn. We had decided to get in the order the guys were on stage so the Jon girls went first as he was last on the stage. I was the very last one up. As I walked up Donnie grabbed my hand and pulled me on stage next to him. He hugged me and gave me a kiss and said, "It's good to see you baby". Then I heard the camera man say OK. I turned to the camera and smiled. Now the whole time they are taking the picture Donnie is whispering in my ear. "Oh that feels good, that feels nice", all the time he's squeezing me closer. When it was all over he said, "Thank you and I'll see you later baby". My friend who was on the other side of him and commented that she wasn't looking so Donnie had the photographer take another picture of the three of us. That moment with Donnie was worth standing in line! And he was right, he did see me later that night and pointed me out. And here's the picture of us. We so cute!

So after 4 days on a boat with 1000's of woman I had several encounters with him. He gives so much to his fans the least I can do is give him love back. He has my love, support and heart until the end of time!


No comments: