Sometimes you forget there are good things about flying. With all the extra security and alerts at the Ernie level it is hard to like flying. Believe it or not there are things I do like.
- Sitting with someone on the plane who isn’t a Chatty Cathy. Sometimes you just want to take a nap not carry on small talk.
- Reading Horizon/Alaska magazine or Sky Mall. You always find something intriguing about the Northwest you didn’t know or you find something you never knew you couldn’t live without.
- Coffee and treat while you wait for your flight. I feel like the coffee tastes better.
The promise of magazines to purchase. I usually buy at least one. This time I bought the Time Magazine. Nelson Mandela is on the cover and it made me wish I knew him or could meet him. - Soldiers coming home. You seem them a lot at the airport in their fatigues. It makes me happy to know they made it home safe. This trip I saw a soldier and his wife holding hands. He lifted her hand and gave it a little kiss, it was so sweet.
I’m glad to be here and to have my room situation figured out. I’m looking forward to seeing some sights and some friends.
I’ll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment